Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Mini-Reunion or Real Men Wear Crocs


Back in mid-August, Dave and I had a mini-reunion. We had been planning it for a while. I've noticed that each time I meet with Dave, it's as if we were never apart. I often introduce Dave as my childhood friend that I've known since we were four years old. Dave is very funny. I had to take breaks during the weekend to give my stomach a rest from all the laughing. The weekend was full of surprises.

The Navy decided to allow my son Matthew (23 years old) to visit me. He will be going out to sea on his nuclear submarine in 3 weeks and won't be back until April of next year. I don't know what shape I will be in at that time so his visit was a great thing for us. We actually got the Red Cross involved because the Navy was being a pain. He arrived with his new girl friend, Kim. At the same time Dave arrived from New Jersey. We were expecting Dave for a month now, but the news on Matthew was a surprise.

My wife, Hing, knew about the visitors. What she didn't know was I planned a surprise B-day party for her at a Chinese restaurant, the Asian Palace, for dinner Sunday night. 25 people attended. What a wonder wonderful party. Hing certainly was surprised. And the food was excellent as usual. My kids did a great job of keeping it a secret. Did I mention Hing is Chinese? Here's a picture of my bride.


A million thanks to Dave for visiting and getting reacquainted with my family. I am certainly glad you came to visit.

A note from Don: This web site is a 'members only' site. You must be invited to update or comment.

No comments: