Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ram John Holder online!

Just wanted to let the community know that one of our favorite clubhouse classic albums, 'Black London Blues' by Ram John Holder will be posted online in its entirety this Friday 3/9/07! The link is:
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/365_days_project/index.html
and look for the March 9 entry.

For those of you who haven't heard the great sounds of 'The Ram' since1973 or so ("My baby... dun walked out on meeeeeeee"; "Hey fellas, man, I think I'm freaking out"), here's your chance. Obviously, it ain't available on CD, and ain't gonna be anytime soon! I know The Ram was a particular favorite of Rene's.

And yes, I am responsible for getting this auspicious task done! Whatother numbskull would waste his time on this?

Maybe the 4 Bassoons will be next, who knows...

E

2 comments:

dave n said...

Ed,
no doubt, the most exciting news I've received in a long time, Ram John streaming. I can't wait. Plus the idea of the Bassoons....well the anticipation is already killing me. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've got to give Rene a call because he still can't figure out how to participate in this forum and needs some help to crack the code. Great work, thanks.

vid von

Don said...

Has anybody heard from Robo Von?